Almost everyone uses LPG cylinders in our homes right . We pay for that plus government provides subsidy for that as well .
Do anyone know that , you are also paying for an insurance sum along with that to cover up the accident expenses ?
Yes we do Pay . In fact we are entitled to an insurance amount of approximately 40 Lakhs in case of any unfortunate incident.
Here is from Hindustan Petroleum
In the event of accident All registered LPG consumers are covered under an insurance policy taken by the PSU Oil Companies. In case of the unfortunate event of an accident, the customer must immediately inform the distributor in writing. The distributor then informs the concerned Oil Company and the Insurance Company about the same. The distributor will offer assistance to the customer in completing the formalities of insurance claims arising out of the accident. In addition to the above, all LPG distributors also have Third Party Liability Insurance to cover losses in the event of an LPG accident
And One from Indane
- The monetary value of coverage under the no fault liability policy is as under:
- Personal accident cover of Rs.5,00,000/- per person per event in case of death
- Covers medical expenses of Rs.15 lakhs per event, maximum Rs.1, 00,000/- per person. Immediate relief upto Rs. 25,000/- per person.
- Property damage maximum Rs.1, 00,000/- per event at authorised customer’s registered premises.
- It also covers customers who are supplied through reticulated system of LPG (Piped)