Your body’s doing a million things that you’re not even aware of- like digesting breakfast, growing new skin, and carrying oxygen to cells from head to toe and ear to ear! Here are some of the most incredible facts about your body. So get ready for a roller coaster ride:
- The largest bone in the human body, the femur, can surprisingly support 30 times the weight of a person’s body.
- The glutenous maximums (Yes, the muscles that helps you to sit anywhere!) is the body’s largest muscle.
- The average human produces approximately 23,500 liters of saliva in a lifetime,which is enough to fill two swimming pools.
- A human sneeze can travel about 160 km/h or more.
- This is how our tongue looks like in an electron microscope:
Pretty spiky, isn’t it?
- An adult human body is made up of about 7 cotillion atoms. (That’s 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms or 7×
- The liver has an amazing ability to grow back if part of it is removed due to injury, disease, or surgery. It will even grow to be just the right size for the body.
- The fastest muscles in a human body are the ones that make the eyes blink. They can contract in less than1100th of a second.That means in just one day, a person may blink their eyes over 11,500 times.
- (You all may know it)Like fingerprints, each human tongue has its own unique print.
- The body can detect taste in .0015 seconds, which is faster than the blink of an eye.
- There are more bacteria in a human mouth than there are people in the world! (Hope there would be population limits for bacteria too!)
- A human heart beats over 3 billion times during an average human lifespan.
- Just one drop of blood contains about 10,000 while blood cells and 250,000 platelets!
- Adult humans spend about 33% (or one-third) of their lives asleep.
- The cracking sound made by knuckles, necks, backs, and other joints when they’re cracked is the sound of nitrogen bubbles popping in the joints’ fluid.
- In a lifetime, a person consumes approximately 35 tons of food.
- There are so many nerve cells in a human brain that it would take almost 3,000 years to count them.
- Stomach acid can dissolve metal.
- Without your pinky finger, you would lose 50% of your hand’s strength.
- If all the DNA in your body were uncoiled, it would stretch out to about 10 billion miles, which is from Earth to Pluto and back.
- The human brain uses just as much power as a 10-watt light bulb.